Free Report Summary: State & Local Use of GSA Schedule 70 for IT Purchasing, 2012
State, local and educational purchasing of IT goods & services via GSA Schedule 70 expected to grow from $690 million to $1.65 billion by 2016.
Key findings include:
- Schedule will enjoy 19.0% compound annual growth rate during the period. Will be vehicle of choice for approximately 2.8% of state and local IT spending
- 577 GSA Schedule 70 holders used vehicle to sell technology products & services to state and local governments in FY 2011
- Top 10 suppliers represent more than 68% of S&L Schedule 70 purchases
- Local governments and K-12 education organizations are historically more receptive to GSA Schedule 70 for the administrative and time savings, and leveraged pricing.
- 42 states (including their localities & public school districts) & DC enjoy eligibility to utilize the schedule
- Thirteen Special Item Numbers comprise the majority of schedule purchases