Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
State & Local Justice/Public Safety and Homeland Security Market, 2011-2016 (Feb 2012)
Deltek's State & Local Justice/Public Safety and Homeland Security Market, 2011-2016 report analyzes the trends for police protection, corrections, judicial, and homeland security IT.
Deltek's State & Local Justice/Public Safety and Homeland Security Market, 2011-2016 illustrates that demand for vendor-furnished information systems and services by U.S. state and local public safety agencies will increase from $5.5 billion in 2011 to $6.1 billion in 2015, bringing $600 million in new spending to the market at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4%.
This report analyzes the trends in the Justice/Public Safety and Homeland Security verticals of the state and local information technology market using a variety of external sources, coupled with Deltek’s in-depth knowledge and understanding of state and local IT procurement and opportunity-level spending trends over the next five years.
Key forces currently shaping this market include:
- Gradual stabilization of state and local revenue streams
- Continued declines in state and local spending as federal stimulus funding runs out and is not replenished at the same level as previous infusions
- Implementation of technology to serve as a “force multiplier” for local police and sheriff’s departments constrained by hiring freezes
- Increased federal direction and mandates for IT systems providing communications interoperability, intelligent policing, and information sharing
- Gradual migration toward IT solutions for gavel-to-gavel court automation and improved case management of probation and parole
After a sustained period of relatively unbridled increases in state and local IT expenditures for justice and public safety, state and local governments have reached the point where they must bend the cost curve in terms of spending on police forces. After a period of wrangling over compensation issues, state and local governments will again look to technology to help ensure public safety despite limited resources. Deltek believes that this will force the implementation of more innovative solutions.
Critical Insight for Vendors
The report provides companies and other interested parties with a detailed view of state and local IT spending and a market forecast for the next five years, and is designed to enhance a vendor’s business development planning process with relevant strategic analysis and market forecasts. The report provides recommendations that will guide IT vendors to maximize their market positioning messaging and agency relationships to best take advantage of state and local business opportunities.