Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Predictive Policing: Redefining Police Operations, 2012 (Apr 2012)
Predictive policing is a low-risk/high ROI project and, while many agencies have some sort of crime mapping tool or data collection capability, many are looking to enhance current solutions.
As many agencies are facing budget cuts and limited spending, there is a greater need to utilize more innovative forms of technology and to have operations run more efficiently. Predictive Analytics allow police departments to better target criminal activity as well as predict future occurrences more accurately. As these systems come at a relatively low cost with a high return on investment, state and local police departments will begin to implement predictive solutions in order to offset the high cost of personnel.
The key findings include:
- Departments have demonstrated a greater need to transition from reactive to proactive policing efforts.
- The implementation and deployment of current predictive technology solutions has yielded a positive return on investment for agencies.
- The benefits associated with this technology greatly outweigh the costs of implementation.
- Custom-built solutions from existing contractors are the most common approach to implementing predictive analytics software.
- Predictive policing results in a more efficient use of personnel and an overall reduction in crime rates.
- Departments favor the integration of predictive analytics software with existing software and data solutions and infrastructure.
Deltek’s Predictive Policing: Redefining Police Operations, 2012 report is ideal for both vendors and agencies looking to gain insight on existing solutions and future developments for this technology.