Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Social Media in State & Local Government: A New Paradigm for Engagement and Innovation, 2012 (Jun 2012)
Social media solutions and integration possibilities have grown substantially and present significant business opportunities for every state and local government type, department, and vertical.
Social media is one of the hottest topics in both government and the government contracting community today. Since 2008, overall social media use and state and local adoption rates have been astronomical. Social media is also presenting a new paradigm for service delivery and innovation in state and local government. SM platforms (including mobile applications) can be used for direct government/citizen engagements that are profoundly changing society.
Beyond the influence of direct engagement, these SM platforms and related mobile devices can aggregate crowdsourced data to inform decisions. In turn, these informed decisions can be used to innovate and improve government by delivering more efficient services (either directly or by augmentation). Social media interactions (including data gathered to inform decisions and services) can lead to greater innovation, improved government accountability, and broader civic engagement.
For the government contractor community, this change presents a myriad of business opportunities:
- Working collaboratively with state and local government now to build short and long-term policy and related solutions; these solutions will be the foundation for future implementations.
- Creating new solutions that were previously unimagined.
- Adding value to existing vendor solutions through IT integration.
- Adding social media integration to existing state and local government IT systems, including at the enterprise level.
- Aggregating the big data of social media for government innovation.
- Creating purpose-built mobile solutions that integrate social media to improve government service delivery
Win More Government Business with GovWinWith the support of GovWin's vast and experienced team of analysts, our Government Business Intelligence & Tools provide you qualified pre-RFP opportunities, analysis on agency budgets and priorities, insight into your competitor's business, potential partners, and key government & teaming contacts. Learn More & Sign Up for a Free Trial.
Social Media in State & Local Government: A New Paradigm for Engagement and Innovation, 2012
- Pub Date: Jun 2012
- Issued by: GovWin
- Type: Industry Insight
- Author: Chris Cotner
- Pages: 58
- Format: PowerPoint
- Cost: $1,995.00
For questions, please contact us:
- Tel: (800) 456-2009
- Email: email@example.com.