Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Technology Strategies for Federal Waste, Fraud and Abuse (Feb 2013)
Deltek's Technology Strategies for Federal Waste, Fraud and Abuse analyzes the trends, policies and programs shaping the federal market for technology to combat waste, fraud and abuse.
Federal efforts to reduce waste, fraud and abuse are finally showing results. The federal government made $108 billion in improper payments in FY2012, showing a 6% decline over the prior year. Agency demand for IT solutions to combat waste, fraud and abuse will continue to increase over the next several years. Such products and services include technologies for pre-screening and identity authentication; data capture and processing; examination and detection; and investigation, prosecution and recovery.
The report explores the current and future market environment that will impact federal contractors providing technology solutions to root out and reduce fraud and abuse. The report examines market catalysts, such as the budgetary and administrative policy environment, as well as high risk programs driving technology and services investments.
The Deltek report reveals that the struggling economy and more dollars flowing to federal benefits programs contribute to the growth of fraud and waste. Deltek’s research shows that health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid are most at risk, followed by the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Unemployment Insurance.
Deltek believes the market will remain strong, however, due to budget uncertainty, upfront investments may be constrained:
- Technology solutions must evolve to keep pace with changes in programs and fraud and abuse methods.
- Agencies will continue to shift from “Pay & Chase” to upfront ID authentication and pre-payment detection to reduce overpayments and fraudulent payments.
- Expect agencies to continue moving to smaller scale, phased IT projects that result in more frequent competitions and smaller awards.
- Demand for intuitive solutions that can be used by analysts and caseworkers rather than IT staff will continue to grow.
- Federal acquisition of analytics and big data solutions to root out WFA will increase over the next several years.
Critical Insight for Vendors
The report provides companies and other interested parties with a detailed view of the state of the market for technology solutions to combat waste, fraud and abuse, and is designed to enhance a vendor’s federal planning process with relevant strategic analysis. The report provides recommendations which will guide federal contractors to maximize their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek's Technology Strategies for Federal Waste, Fraud and Abuse report is delivered in PowerPoint® format.