Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Federal Information Security Market, 2013-2018 (Oct 2013)
Deltek's Federal Information Security Market, FY 2013-2018 examines the trends and drivers shaping the federal information security marketplace and provides a forecast for the next five years.
Growing dependence on complex networked systems, large data stores and mobility means disruption of these technologies puts federal agencies at risk. The size and scope of their infrastructure and data assets make them a top target for cyber-attack from without and within. The value and diversity of these assets drive protective investments at all levels. Further, the risk posture of government systems and data is shaped by advances in cloud computing, information sharing, and mobility that need proactive efforts secure. Within this complex environment agencies seek incremental security gains while the rate of success is hindered by persistent threats, technical challenges, and skilled workforce shortages.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $8.8 billion in FY 2013 to $11.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4%.
- Security investments continue to be driven by persistent threats, policy remedies, workforce shortages, and technological innovation inside and outside security areas.
- Disruptive technologies like mobility and cloud computing bring operational shifts that drive new security requirements. Advances in security like continuous monitoring and analytics find strong reception with agencies.
- Pursuit of operational efficiencies presents openings for technologies to bring savings and greater effectiveness to security functions.
- Ramifications of high-profile insider security breaches include heightened awareness, intensified scrutiny of contractors, and greater demand for data security measures.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting the market’s growth and identifies and sizes the following six major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations
- Planning, Policy and Program Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Training, Education and Awareness
- Infrastructure Security
Critical Insight for Vendors
This report provides a view of catalysts driving the federal cyber market with market sizings for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and spending by federal departments, their major information security activities, and how dollars flow across segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek’s Federal Information Security Market, FY 2013-2018 is delivered in PowerPoint presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key finding and an Excel workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.