The month of May saw a few highly anticipated solicitation releases for Medicaid management information systems (MMIS), including a request for proposals (RFP) released on May 24 for system development for the Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance. The current MMIS contract with Hewlett-Packard is valued at more than $200 million and expires in June 2016.
New Jersey’s Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services also released an RFP for its MMIS on May 29. The division currently contracts with Molina, and the reprocurement includes the current fiscal agent services term as well as a new MMIS. The replacement system is anticipated to be modular, flexible, and utilize service-oriented architecture to incrementally achieve higher levels of Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) maturity. Other notable May releases include:
- The Rhode Island Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, the Department of Health, and the Health Benefits Exchange, jointly released a request for information (RFI) for data analysis and hosting tasks for its all-payer claims database (APCD) on May 29. The state is still deciding if one vendor should be utilized for both data analysis and hosting services, or a mixture of state and third-party resources.
- The Maryland Department of Human Resources, Child Support Enforcement Administration, released an RFP for the Maryland state directory of new hires on May 23; proposals are due by June 19.
- The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services published an RFP for the VaxNH immunization information system (IIS) on May 8. Proposals are due June 28.
- The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration released an RFI for a reporting system to provide health technology assessment reports on May 31. These reports will assist AHCA in making evidence-based coverage policy and Medicaid-related medical management decisions regarding new, evolving or controversial health technologies. The vendor’s reporting system must have the capability to collect data and documentation, and provide evidence-based assessment reports to AHCA. RFI responses are due June 14.
- The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing released a draft RFP for a business intelligence and data management (BIDM) system. Comments are due by June 14.
A $3.8 million award to Cognosante was made for Arkansas’ Medicaid enterprise project management office on May 20. The state is replacing its MMIS through four RFPs, which include the MMIS core system, pharmacy, decision-support system, and project management office. For more great health care and social services contracting information, be sure to subscribe for Deltek’s weekly newsletter!
Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek’s GovWin IQ database and take advantage of a free trial.