The first month of the 2014 saw an influx of health care and social service solicitation, approximately 150 more than in December 2013. In January, the health and human services team saw the release of nearly 750 solicitations with either health care or social services as a primary vertical. The word cloud below represents the frequency of terms in those solicitations.
As one can see from the below map, California, Texas, and Virginia saw the largest number of health and human services related solicitations, while the state of Wyoming had no related activity. Alaska released three solicitations and Hawaii released twelve.
- The District of Columbia Department of Health Care Finance released a request for information (RFI) for a Medicaid management information system (MMIS) case management solution on January 8, 2014. The existing MMIS case management Solution, CaseNET, is independent of the MMIS, but shares the MMIS' interfaces for data related to provider, recipients, and claims.
- Vermont canceled its integrated eligibility solution (VIEWS) design, development, and implementation request for proposals (RFP). The Agency of Human Services will revise and reissue the RFP, with an anticipated release date of March. According to Vermont's IT Strategic Plan for 2013-2018, the state estimates VIEWS to cost $115 million over 5 years.
- The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development released an RFP on January 9, 2013 for an Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits system. The state previously released an RFP for a UI system on behalf of the Southeast Consortium.
- The Hawaii Department of Health released an RFP on January 2, 2014, for the transfer and implementation of its Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) management information system (MIS). Proposals are due on March 14, 2014 at 4 PM.
- The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, on behalf Mountain Plains Indian Tribal Organizations NATIONS, released an RFP on January 10, 2014 for project management during the implementation phase of a new WIC MIS. The selected vendor will also serve as the project manager for the planning and implementation of WIC electronic benefit transfer (EBT) services.
- The Washington Health Care Authority released a Request for Quotes and Qualifications (RFQQ) for Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) Framework 3.0 and State Self-assessment advisory/consultative services on January 24, 2014. Proposals are due on February 24, 2014.
- The Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange (Access Health CT) released an RFP for a Connecticut All Payer Claims Database (APCD): Data Management Contractor on January 27, 2014.
- The Nebraska Division of Behavioral Health released an RFP for the Division of Behavioral Health Centralized Data System. Proposals are due by 2 PM on March 21, 2014.
- The Arkansas Department of Health released an RFP for a WIC EBT project implementation contractor on January 10, 2014.
- The Connecticut Department of Administrative Services released an RFP for a Connecticut WIC case management system on January 27, 2014. The state is looking for the procurement, transfer, and implementation of Michigan's MI-WIC case management system.
January saw a slew of opportunities released in the health care and social services space, most likely due to the end of the holiday season and beginning of a new fiscal year. States are also continuing to address any continued service delays and system errors with their health insurance exchanges (HIX). Vendors needing an updated report regarding the HIX market can find a new Deltek Industry Analysis piece here. Vendors should also be on the lookout for an upcoming Deltek report on the ever evolving MMIS market, expected later this spring.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State and Local Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.