SMART CITIES AND COUNTIES 2018: TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION AND SMARTER SOLUTIONS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Smart Cities and Counties is a growing area of focus for a broad array of technology-oriented and consulting firms selling to the state, local and education (SLED) marketplace. GovWin+Onvia?s newest report on Smart Cities and Counties takes a comprehensive approach to understanding products and services being purchased, general trends, and which governments are rising to the top based on total purchases (including traditional advertised bids as well as items bought using co-ops, existing government contracts or below-threshold informal purchases).
This analysis involves nearly 300 different smart solutions being purchased, reflecting over 70,000 purchases in the last three years, with the majority (59%) coming from cities and a sizable 41% originating from counties. Five different market segments or major categories are examined, including smart transportation, smart emergency response, smart & big data, smart citizen engagement, and smart connected facilities.
The report covers the following topics:
- Profiles, analysis and case studies for five different market segments
- Differences in demand/opportunity for cities versus counties
- Listings of top products/services in each segment
- How smart purchases are growing much faster than normal
- Examples of recent awards
- Analysis of top governments? purchasing by smart solution categories
- Analysis of top ranking governments based on comparison of smart solution
- purchases, population, and overall expenditures
- Implications for vendor sales strategy