SLED Justice & Public Safety Information Technology Market, FY 2019-2024
Published: August 15, 2018
State, local, and education (SLED) demand for vendor-furnished Justice & Public Safety (JPS) IT systems and services will grow from $13.3 billion in FY 2019 to $16.5 billion in FY 2024.
See also: LED Justice & Public Safety Information Technology Market, FY 2019-2024 (data set)*
[*Note: Available to SLED JPS Vertical Profile subscribers only.]
- *Federal grant funding has declined from its stimulus-driven peak around 2012 and the Trump administration continues to refocus and reduce federal funding streams to the states and localities.
- *Spending growth in this vertical continues to rely on the solid own-source revenue footing of most states and localities.
- *The rollout of FirstNet and the continued transition to e911 services drives the ongoing modernization across this vertical.
This report will help SLED IT contractors…
- *Assess the SLED Justice & Public Safety (JPS) information technology (IT) market size, forecasts, and segmentation for purposes of business development (BD) strategic planning.
- *Assess the proportion of JPS IT spending by state, level of government, and function of government (i.e., “vertical”).
- *Assess the proportion of JPS IT spending among the major market segments (i.e., Communications & Network Services, IT Hardware & Equipment, IT Services, and Software Products).
This forecast report includes the following:
- *2019-2024 forecast for four major IT segments.
- *2019 spending outlook for the five relevant governmental functional categories.
- *2019 spending profile for all 50 states (plus DC), including spend by level of government, function, and IT segment.
NOTE: This report is presented as a chart book of data providing the highest-level overview of the SLED market.
Adapting data produced by U.S. Department of Commerce analysis of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), Deltek's forecast model generates over 2.7 million data points and is the most comprehensive and sophisticated model available for the SLED market.
*Purpose of This Report
*Scope and Methodology
*A Note on Data Sources
*Scope: Segment Definitions
*A Note on the Use of Fiscal Years
Market Forecasts (slides 13-30)
*Short-Term Economic Outlook
*SLED Contractor-Addressable IT Market, FY 1997-2018
*SLED Contractor-Addressable IT Market by Segment, FY 1997-2018
*SLED IT CAGRs and Market Share by Commodity Type, FY 2019-2024
*Contractor-Addressable Justice & Public Safety IT Market, FY 2019-2024
*Federal Grants for Justice & Public Safety, 2012-2018
*Federal SLED JPS Policy Priorities
*Federal SLED JPS Policy Priorities - NG 911 & FirstNet
*SLED JPS Policy Priorities - NG 911
The Governors’ Priorities for Justice & Public Safety, 2018-19
*Typical Highlights from the Governors’ Agendas
*Justice & Public Safety IT Market by Deltek Segment, FY 2019
*Justice & Public Safety IT Market byType of Government and Census Governmental Function, FY 2019
*Key Forecast Findings
State IT spending Profiles (slides 30-135)
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Justice & Public Safety IT Spend, FY 2019
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Justice & Public Safety IT Spend via Special Districts, FY 2019
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Justice & Public Safety IT Spend via Townships, FY 2019
The following two slides are included for each of the 50 states and DC:
*State Justice & Public Safety IT Spending Profile vs. U.S. Total, FY 2019
*State Justice & Public Safety IT Spend by Function and Deltek Segment, FY 2019
Terms and Definitions (slides 136-143)