SLED Health Care and Social Services Information Technology Market, FY 2019-2024
Published: September 13, 2018
ALABAMAALASKAARIZONAARKANSASCALIFORNIACOLORADOCONNECTICUTDELAWAREDISTRICT OF COLUMBIAFLORIDAForecasts and SpendingGEORGIAHAWAIIHealth CareIDAHOILLINOISINDIANAInformation TechnologyIOWAKANSASKENTUCKYLOUISIANAMAINEMARYLANDMASSACHUSETTSMICHIGANMINNESOTAMISSISSIPPIMISSOURIMONTANANEBRASKANEVADANEW HAMPSHIRENEW JERSEYNEW MEXICONEW YORKNORTH CAROLINANORTH DAKOTAOHIOOKLAHOMAOREGONPENNSYLVANIARHODE ISLANDSocial ServicesSOUTH CAROLINASOUTH DAKOTATENNESSEETEXASUTAHVERMONTVIRGINIAWASHINGTONWEST VIRGINIAWISCONSINWYOMING
State, local, and education (SLED) demand for vendor-furnished Health Care & Social Services IT systems and services will grow from $21.8 billion in FY 2019 to $26.4 billion in FY 2024.
See also: SLED Health Care & Social Services Information Technology Market, FY 2019-2024 (data set)*
[*Note: Available to SLED Health Care & Social Services Vertical Profile subscribers only.]
- *IT for public safety net hospitals ($11.2 billion in FY 2019) is the largest category of spending, followed by other community health functions ($6.3 billion), and public welfare services ($3.7 billion).
- *The opioid crisis continues to dominate the governors’ agendas, followed by traditional children and family issues..
- *Federal grants for Health Care ($405.2 billion in Federal FY 2018)have been steadily increasing in both real terms and as a percentage of all SLED grants due to Medicaid expansion as part of Obamacare and regular spending growth. However, the Trump administration seeks to halt this trend with a return to “workfare” policy for Medicaid.
- *Federal grants for Social Services ($104.1 billion in Federal FY 2018) have been gradually increasing with this category of funding being the second largest after Health Care. However, the Trump administration seeks to halt this trend with a return to “workfare” policies and fraud-prevention.
This report will help SLED IT contractors…
- *Assess the SLED Health Care and Social Services information technology (IT) market size, forecasts, and segmentation for purposes of business development (BD) strategic planning.
- *Assess the proportion of Health Care and Social Services IT spending by state, level of government, and function of government (i.e., “vertical”).
- *Assess the proportion of Health Care and Social Services IT spending among the major market segments (i.e., Communications & Network Services, IT Hardware & Equipment, IT Services, and Software Products).
This forecast report includes the following:
- *2019-2024 forecast for four major IT segments.
- *2019 spending outlook for the five relevant governmental functional categories.
- *2019 spending profile for all 50 states (plus DC), including spend by level of government, function, and IT segment.
NOTE: This report is presented as a chart book of data providing the highest-level overview of the SLED market.
Adapting data produced by U.S. Department of Commerce analysis of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), Deltek's forecast model generates over 2.7 million data points and is the most comprehensive and sophisticated model available for the SLED market.
*Purpose of This Report
*Scope and Methodology
*A Note on Data Sources
*Scope: Segment Definitions
*A Note on the Use of Fiscal Years
Market Forecasts (slides 13-33)
*Short-Term Economic Outlook
*SLED Contractor-Addressable IT Market, FY 1997-2018
*SLED Contractor-Addressable IT Market by Segment, FY 1997-2018
*SLED IT CAGRs and Market Share by Commodity Type, FY 2019-2024
*Contractor-Addressable Health Care IT Market, FY 2019-2024
*Contractor-Addressable Social Services IT Market, FY 2019-2024
*Federal Grants for Health Care, 2012-2018
*Federal Grants for Social Services, 2012-2018
*Federal SLED HC-SS Policy Priorities
*Federal SLED HC-SS Policy Priorities - Medicaid
*Federal SLED HC-SS Policy Priorities - Income Security
*The Governors’ Priorities for Health Care & Social Services, 2018-19
*Typical Highlights from the Governors’ Agendas
*Health Care & Social Services IT Market by Deltek Segment, FY 2019
*Health Care & Social Services IT Market byType of Government and Census Governmental Function, FY 2019
*Key Forecast Findings
State IT spending Profiles (slides 35-139)
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Health Care & Social Services IT Spend, FY 2019
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Health Care & Social Services IT Spend via Special Districts, FY 2019
*States Ranked by Total Contractor-Addressable Health Care & Social Services IT Spend via Townships, FY 2019
The following two slides are included for each of the 50 states and DC:
*State Health Care & Social Services IT Spending Profile vs. U.S. Total, FY 2019
*State Health Care & Social Services IT Spend by Function and Deltek Segment, FY 2019
Terms and Definitions (slides 141-147)