SLED COVID-19 Response Overview
Published: April 24, 2020
With the third round of federal stimulus, hundreds of billion of dollars were designated for state, local, and educational (SLED) entities. This presentation provides a quick overview of the major trends and elements of each funding stream that are most likely to include addressable spending for contractors in a variety of industries.
APRIL 24, 2020 UPDATE
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act infuses both the public and private sectors with $2.2T to address pandemic response and economic stabilization.
- Agencies continue to release guidance to help contractors understand their roles and limitations under this emergency environment.
- Changes in procurement limitations and authorities are allowing for increased speed in acquisitions.
- Public safety agencies will be deploying most of their resources around the clock, putting extreme wear and tear on vehicles and field equipment and requiring routine cleaning.
- Social Services agencies, particularly those in family and children’s services, will see a flood of applications as private not-for-profit providers fail due to the economic hiatus. This will drive needs for immediate expansion of services and facilities.
- All public sector agencies will require decontamination services as they gradually return to on-premises operations.