FEDERAL INFORMATION SECURITY MARKET, 2014-2019
Evolving threats, the pace of technology evolution and increasing reliance on mobility and information sharing makes effective information security one of the federal government?s most critical capabilities. Internal and external threats to systems are becoming more sophisticated and the need for solutions to assess and mitigate security risks is growing. Agencies? ability to develop secure IT environments will impact their progress in modernizing systems and investing in emerging technologies like cloud computing, big data and mobility.
Although agency leaders are focused on improving their cybersecurity posture, budget and personnel constraints continue to create capability gaps. To address these gaps, agencies will continue to invest in the processes, tools and personnel required to mount both offensive and defensive security strategies.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $7.8 billion in FY 2014 to $10.0 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- The rise in cyber-threats presents persistent challenges to agency infrastructure and data, jeopardizing mission activities and citizen security.
- Increased threats are raising scrutiny and efforts to harden all levels of the information supply chain. Defense and civilian contractors are increasingly under scrutiny.
- Persistent and diverse threats are driving risk-based approaches and decision-making to determine security controls for diverse data/systems.
- Initial activities following the launch of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program have revealed greater vulnerabilities that will take time and contractor support to address.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting the market?s growth and identifies and sizes the following five major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations Services
- Governance, Strategy and Compliance
- Security Tools and Appliances
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technology and Support
- Training, Education and Awareness
Critical Insight for Vendors
This report provides a view of catalysts driving the federal cyber market with market sizing for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and spending by federal departments, their major information security activities, and how dollars flow across segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek?s Federal Information Security Market, 2014-2019 is delivered in PowerPoint presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key finding and an Excel workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.