STATE OF THE STATES, 2015
Total agenda items announced increased to 723 in 2015 (up 40% from 2014).
The rebound is driven by renewed governor interest in?
- Transportation: budget strength has governors looking to refurbish roads and bridges as well as public-private partnerships (P3s) for certain roadways.
- Performance: continuing performance programs for state government operations as well as in public K-12 and higher education.
- Access & Affordability: getting measurable results from public higher educational institutions and to contain enrollment costs for students.
- Corrections: reducing incarceration costs and increasing the use of probation and parole and community re-entry programs.
- Streamlining: renewed interest in eliminating and consolidating bureaucracy at the state and local levels, including education.
Vendors can use the policy insights to help align their business development strategies and marketing materials to the key interests of the nation?s governors.
NOTE: This report download is accompanied by an Excel? workbook with all of the data for the agenda items that were collected.
Deltek?s Market Driver Research Briefs provide business-development (BD) strategists with a comprehensive landscape for the key demographic, economic, political, and technological forces behind the state and local IT market. These briefs avoid market hype and speculation, drawing their insights from an original review of relevant data, policy documents, and other authoritative sources. Report authors specialize in analyzing the impact of drivers on buyer-side activity as reflected in Deltek?s database of State & Local Opportunities.