What is the State, Local, and Education (SLED) market?
Published: July 12, 2016
The SLED market is vast. Many companies looking to enter this market can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of--especially if they are coming from the federal market and have no experience in the commercial mass market space.
- 50 states (plus DC) serving the entire US population (320 million) and employing 3 million workers
- 36,000 municipalities and 3,000 counties serving the entire US population and employing 7 million workers
- 13,600 public school systems serving 49.5 million students and employing 6 million teachers, assistants, and administrators
- 1,600 public higher education institutions serving 15 million students and employing 2.5 million instructors, assistants, and administrators
- 38,000 special district governments providing a wide range of administrative and fiscal services.
Learn more about the SLED market in Deltek's annual forecast report.