Federal Information Security Market, FY 2012-2017
Published: October 31, 2012
Deltek's Federal Information Security Market, FY 2012-2017 report analyzes trends and challenges that will shape the size of the federal information security marketplace for the next five years.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $9.9 billion in FY 2012 to $14.3 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6%.
- Information security investments continue to be driven by the threat-environment, policy, workforce and technology gaps.
- Federal technology transformation is driving information security demands around key areas shaping the market landscape. New technologies, like mobility and cloud computing, are accompanied by operational shifts that bring new requirements for security solutions. Advances within security technologies are also contributing to changes. For example, as continuous monitoring capabilities have advanced to fulfill and replace requirements for system re-certification.
- Agencies are focusing on implementing security solutions, working to reduce risk and achieve compliance with recent policies. Uncertain funding, morphing threats, and agency culture rank among the top barriers for success.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting this market’s growth and identifies and sizes the following six major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations
- Planning, Policy and Program Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Training, Education and Awareness
- Infrastructure Security
Critical Insight for Vendors
This report provides a view of catalysts propelling the federal cyber market with market sizings for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and a look at the top spending federal departments, their major information security activities, and how these dollars are distributed across the sub-segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek’s Federal Information Security Market, FY 2012-2017 is delivered in PowerPoint presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key finding and an Excel workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.
- Market Catalysts
- Threat-Driven Demand
- Policy-Driven Demand
- People-Driven Demand
- Technology Gaps
- Market Forecasts
- Total Federal Addressable Information Security Market
- Addressable Market by Buyer Segment
- Addressable Market by IT Security Segment
- Top Ten Agency Analysis
- Departmental Trends and Forecasts
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Terms and Definitions