Federal Information Security Market, 2013-2018
Published: October 31, 2013
Deltek's Federal Information Security Market, FY 2013-2018 examines the trends and drivers shaping the federal information security marketplace and provides a forecast for the next five years.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $8.8 billion in FY 2013 to $11.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4%.
- Security investments continue to be driven by persistent threats, policy remedies, workforce shortages, and technological innovation inside and outside security areas.
- Disruptive technologies like mobility and cloud computing bring operational shifts that drive new security requirements. Advances in security like continuous monitoring and analytics find strong reception with agencies.
- Pursuit of operational efficiencies presents openings for technologies to bring savings and greater effectiveness to security functions.
- Ramifications of high-profile insider security breaches include heightened awareness, intensified scrutiny of contractors, and greater demand for data security measures.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting the market’s growth and identifies and sizes the following six major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations
- Planning, Policy and Program Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Training, Education and Awareness
- Infrastructure Security
Critical Insight for Vendors
This report provides a view of catalysts driving the federal cyber market with market sizings for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and spending by federal departments, their major information security activities, and how dollars flow across segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek’s Federal Information Security Market, FY 2013-2018 is delivered in PowerPoint presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key finding and an Excel workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.
- Expanding Threat Environment
- Cybersecurity Policy
- Technology Developments
- Total Federal Addressable Information Security Market
- Addressable Market by Buyer Segment
- Addressable Market by IT Security Segment
- Top 10 Departments - Trends and Forecasts
- Defense Agencies
- Air Force
- Homeland Security
- Health and Human Services
- Additional Departments and Agencies - Trends and Forecasts
- Veterans Affairs
- Others Agencies
- Intelligence Community
- Terms and Definitions