Federal Information Security Market, 2014-2019
Published: October 31, 2014
Deltek's Federal Information Security Market, 2014-2019 examines the trends and drivers shaping the federal information security marketplace and provides a forecast for the next five years.
Although agency leaders are focused on improving their cybersecurity posture, budget and personnel constraints continue to create capability gaps. To address these gaps, agencies will continue to invest in the processes, tools and personnel required to mount both offensive and defensive security strategies.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $7.8 billion in FY 2014 to $10.0 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- The rise in cyber-threats presents persistent challenges to agency infrastructure and data, jeopardizing mission activities and citizen security.
- Increased threats are raising scrutiny and efforts to harden all levels of the information supply chain. Defense and civilian contractors are increasingly under scrutiny.
- Persistent and diverse threats are driving risk-based approaches and decision-making to determine security controls for diverse data/systems.
- Initial activities following the launch of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program have revealed greater vulnerabilities that will take time and contractor support to address.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting the market’s growth and identifies and sizes the following five major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations Services
- Governance, Strategy and Compliance
- Security Tools and Appliances
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technology and Support
- Training, Education and Awareness
Critical Insight for Vendors
This report provides a view of catalysts driving the federal cyber market with market sizing for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and spending by federal departments, their major information security activities, and how dollars flow across segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek’s Federal Information Security Market, 2014-2019 is delivered in PowerPoint presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key finding and an Excel workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.
- Cybersecurity Policy
- Reported Spending: Defense Contract Awards by Agency, FY 2009-14
- Reported Spending: Civilian Contract Awards by Agency, FY 2009-14
- Defense and Civilian Products and Services Break-outs
- Total Federal Addressable Information Security Market
- Addressable Market by Buyer Segment
- Addressable Market by IT Security Segment
- Top 10 Departments - Trends and Forecasts
- Defense Agencies
- Air Force
- Homeland Security
- Health and Human Services
- Veterans Affairs
- Additional Departments and Agencies - Trends and Forecasts
- Other Agencies
- Intelligence Community
- Deltek Information Security Segment Definitions