Federal Information Security Market, 2015-2020
Published: October 30, 2015
Deltek's Federal Information Security Market, 2015-2020 examines the trends and drivers shaping the federal information security marketplace and provides a forecast for the next five years.
As high-profile security failures attest, federal leaders are focused on improving the cybersecurity of agencies at all levels, amidst capability gaps and budget, personnel, and regulatory constraints. To address their information security gaps, agencies continue to look to industry partners for the processes, services, skill sets, and tools needed to mount both defensive and offensive cybersecurity strategies.
Deltek forecasts the demand for vendor-furnished information security products and services by the U.S. federal government will increase from $8.6 billion in FY 2015 to $11.0 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- The breadth and depth of cyber-threats and the complexity of agency IT environments continues to challenge progress in hardening their cybersecurity. Agencies will continue to look to industry for help.
- While overall IT spending will remain relatively flat over the forecast period, growth opportunities remain in key areas of cybersecurity. Related security efforts in cloud, big data, mobility, and infrastructure will support growth.
- Services and product demands are driven by agency maturity in security strategies and processes.
- Strategy and cyber-ops services show sustained demand
- Products for improved monitoring, effectiveness, and automation are desired
- Skilled personnel needs will sustain demand for contracted services. Offensive cyber and “inherently governmental” areas trim addressability.
- Government-wide IT policies will continue to embed cybersecurity into the fabric of federal IT acquisitions and management.
- Security is widely impacting acquisition policy, contract types, and RFPs.
This report identifies and analyzes the trends and drivers impacting the market’s growth and identifies and sizes the following five major segments within the federal information security marketplace:
- Security Operations Services
- Governance, Strategy and Compliance
- Security Tools and Appliances
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technology and Support
- Training, Education and Awareness
Critical Insight for VendorsThis report provides a view of diverse factors driving the federal cybersecurity market with market sizing for the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence segments and spending by federal departments, their major information security activities, and how dollars flow across segments. The report provides recommendations to guide solutions providers in maximizing their market positioning to best take advantage of federal business opportunities.
Deltek’s Federal Information Security Market, 2015-2020 is delivered in PowerPoint® presentation format, including an Executive Briefing presentation summarizing the key findings and an Excel® workbook with data for the various forecasts and other key findings.
- Scope and Methodology
- Key Findings
- Cybersecurity-related Policy: Technology, Acquistion, Organizations
- Spending by Technology Segment: Comms/NS, NW/SW, Services
- Spending by Buyer Segment: Defense, Civilian
- Spending Break-outs by Product/Services, Contract Type, Vendor, etc.
- Total Federal Addressable Information Security Market
- Addressable Market by Buyer Segment
- Addressable Market by IT Security Segment
- Top 10 Departments
- Defense Agencies
- Air Force
- Homeland Security
- Health and Human Services
- Additional Departments and Agencies
- Veterans Affairs
- Other Agencies
- Intelligence Community
- Conclusions on the Federal Information Security Market
- Recommendations to Vendors
- Deltek Information Security Segment Definitions