SOCOM Wide Mission Support Follow-On: What’s Next?
Published: July 19, 2018
The highly anticipated follow-on effort for U.S. Special Operations Command’s (USSOCOM) SOCOM-Wide Mission Support (SWMS) issued a Sources Sought Notice via FBO to Industry on May 2, 2018. The current USSOCOM SWMS acquisition replaced a contract with similar services, Global Battlestaff and Program Support (GBPS), which concludes in May 2015. There are currently a total of 43 contracts, including large businesses (32), small businesses (10), and a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (1) providing services for this project. These multiple contracts are set to expire at different times.
Due to the scope and value of this massive effort, previous contracts and opportunities went through the “Protest” phase. It will not be a surprise if these efforts also go through a protest.
USSOCOM has started planning for the follow-on acquisition of services currently provided by the SOCOM-Wide Mission Support (SWMS) contracts to meet A&AS Knowledge Based Services requirements, as defined by the Department of Defense's taxonomy for the acquisition of services.
SWMS A, B, and C contracts provide the U.S. Special Operations Command with the ability to acquire a full range of professional (non-personal) services. This project categorizes individual service requirements based on the type of service required and/or the requiring activity into three separate groups.
An Industry Day was held on May 24, 2018, at the Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus, Ybor Room, 2001 N. 14th St, Tampa, FL 33605. The Responses to the Sources Sought Notice were due at 1:00 PM EST on May 11, 2018. Awards are slated to be issued later down the road, on or around FY2021-FY2023 timeframe when these projects are set to expire.
SOLICITATION NUMBER: H92222SWMSMTG
USSOCOM’s SWMS acquisition focuses on acquiring Knowledge Based Services, as defined by Department of Defense taxonomy for the acquisition of services. The purpose of the SWMS effort is to acquire non-personal services, expertise, and intellectual capital to assist with USSOCOM’s global day-to-day business operations. The SWMS contract will serve HQ USSOCOM, USSOCOM components, USSOCOM Theater Special Operations Commands, and Joint Special Operations Command and serve both CONUS and OCONUS operating environments.
Objectives of the SWMS acquisition are to retain and build in acquisition efficiencies, speed, and flexibility; create and maintain competition throughout the contract period of performance; strengthen and maintain partnerships with contractors; and measure and incentivize superior contractor performance.
- Engineering Management Services - pertains to contractual services such as systems engineering, specifications development, technical assistance, engineering and technical services, simulations, and professional services and technology sharing
- Program Management Services - consists of services related to Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) management and support, special studies and analysis, operations research, policy review and development, program evaluation, program management/support, program review/development, and management services/contract and procurement
- Management Support Services - contractual services that provide assistance or advice, for the efficient and effective management and operation your organization
- Logistics Management Services - consists of the support of Logistics involves the integration of information, transportation, inventory, warehousing, material handling, and packaging, and occasionally security
- Administrative and Other Services - pertains to material management, courier and messenger support, transcription, mailing and distribution, library services, word processing and typing, stenographic, and administrative technical support for conferences and training programs
- Professional Services - contracted services that provide organized, analytical evaluations in support of policy review and development, program management support, operations research, simulation services, specifications development, systems engineering, analyses, or evaluations
- Education and Training - contracted services that provide education and training assistance which include the following: Lectures for training; Personnel testing; Reserve (or military) training; Scientific and management education; Administering tuition, registration, and/or membership fees and assistance; Providing vocational and technical training; Department of Defense (DoD) school faculty; Training and curriculum development; Certifications and accreditations for educational institutions; Other training and education services
ANTICIPATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
- An anticipated Period of Performance has not been determined, but the previous SWMS contracts issued in the past have traditionally been 5 year IDIQ contracts.
ANTICIPATED SECURITY INFORMATION:
- Previous SWMS contracts required contractor(s) to have, at a minimum, a cleared facility clearance up to TOP SECRET /SCI for this effort.
- SWMS A: Awarded in 2016 to 10 large businesses based on best value, trade-off criteria. Services portfolio groups include Engineering & Technical, Program Management Services, and Professional Services. The 5-year ordering period will end 27 July 2020.
- SWMS B: Awarded in 2015 to 32 small businesses based on best value, trade-off criteria. Services portfolio groups include Education & Training, Management Support Services, and Administrative & Other Services. The 5-year ordering period will end 27 August 2020.
- SWMS C: Awarded in 2017 to 1 Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business based on best value, trade-off criteria. Services portfolio groups include all higher risk Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) requirements in portfolio groups that include Engineering & Technical, Program Management, Professional, Management Support and Administrative & Other Services. The 5-year ordering period will end 30 January 2022.
PREVIOUS GOVWIN OPPORTUNITIES:
Opportunity ID: 91447
- Title: SOCOM WIDE MISSION SUPPORT (SWMS) (Umbrella Opp)
- Status: Awarded
- Solicitation Number: H92222-14RSWMS
Opportunity ID: 112817
- SOCOM WIDE MISSION SUPPORT GROUP A (SWMS)
- Status: Awarded
- Solicitation Number: H92222SWMSMTG
Opportunity ID: 112818
- Title: SOCOM WIDE MISSION SUPPORT GROUP B (SWMS)
- Status: Awarded
- Solicitation Number: H9222214R0021
Opportunity ID: 112819
- Title : SOCOM WIDE MISSION SUPPORT GROUP C (SWMS)
- Status: Awarded
- Solicitation Number: H9222214R0019