GovWin Recon - March 27, 2020
Published: March 27, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) PandemicRecon
GovWin Recon, produced by Deltek's Federal Market Analysis (FMA) team, is designed to support awareness and understanding of the issues impacting the government and the contractors that serve it. Recon highlights key developments surrounding government technology, policy, budget and vendor activities.
Headlines beginning with an * include quotes from Deltek analysts.
Big Data / Analytics / Artificial Intelligence:
- GSA Contract Vendors for COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Pentagon sets up task force for wave of medical supply requests
- COVID-19's impact will far outlast the pandemic
- Stimulus Deal Gives Agencies $340B, Helping to Boost Telework, Office Cleaning and Hiring
- $2T Senate rescue bill passes with some workforce protections, but absent measures sought by the House
- Senate Stimulus Bill Includes Resources for Federal Telework and Contracting Community
- IT remains high in Senate’s nearly $2 trillion rescue package, but less than House’s draft
- What happens when COVID-19 infiltrates the defense supply chain?
- DOD official: 'Adversarial capital' threatens industrial base
- 90,000 more military personnel told to stay put under latest coronavirus restrictions
- The VA Will Now Let Some Administrative Staff Work From Home
- Pandemic puts squeeze on company finances
- Federal credentialing shifts to accommodate telework, distancing
- For remote learning in government, coronavirus cyber training could prove transformational
- How did your agency roll out telework? An honest assessment from these feds
- Amid Coronavirus, CISA and NIST Issue Guidelines to Boost Federal Telecommuting
- OPM directs agencies to hire, administer oath with digital tools
- Legal update on coronavirus impact
- DoD and Congress using incentives, extra funds and other policies to keep defense companies cash positive
- Nebraska’s centralized approach to cybersecurity, compliance in age of coronavirus
- Cities, legislatures learn to govern by conference call
- What Does the COVID-19 Stimulus Bill Mean for Tech?
- New maps show Los Angeles residents where to find food during pandemic
- New York launches IT 'SWAT teams' to aid pandemic response
- 'Not business as usual' for government's tech workers
Transparency/ Performance/ Management:
Defense / C4ISR / Embedded Technology:
Contracting / Acquisition:
Mergers and Acquisitions:
State, Local and Education (SLED):
GovWin Recon is Deltek's daily newsletter highlighting federal government contracting news and analysis from around the government contracting world. Want it delivered to your email in-box? GovWin IQ subscribers: GovWin Recon is delivered as part of your “My GovWin Alerts” email. Log-in to your IQ account, go to “My Settings” under “My GovWin Links” and select the frequency of your “My GovWin Email” (daily or weekly).