SLED Weekly Market Update on COVID-19
Published: March 27, 2020
A look into the State, Local, and Education Market's response to COVID-19.
As we saw cases of COVID-19 skyrocket in the United States this week, we also saw the number of COVID-19 procurements increase.
South Carolina joined the Top 5 states releasing solicitations related to the pandemic.
Florida, Texas, Iowa, California, and South Carolina were the most active states this week.
Primary requirements of the solicitations remained generally consistent with last week’s solicitation activity. Clothing & textiles, professional services, and sanitary products were among the most common asks. Additionally, we began to see architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) projects related to the virus. These kinds of projects included emergency repairs and maintenance, isolation projects, and environmental remediation services.
Notable recent awards:
- New York City, New York – Disinfecting Wipes & Buckets for Corona Viruses- Poll Sites was awarded to Global Domestic Advisory Partners LLC
- New York City, New York – Thermal Cameras (COVID-19) was awarded to Pina M Inc.
- Memphis, Tennessee - 8210 3M Particulate Respirator – N95 was awarded to Federal Eastern International LLC
As the federal government reacted to the crisis at hand, we started to see grants released. It is expected that we will see more grant activity in the coming weeks.
Featured grants of the week:
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) released EP-U3R-20-001- Hospital Associations COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Activities on March 24, 2020. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released CDC-RFA-OT18-18020202SUPP20 - Strengthening Public Health Systems and Services through National Partnerships to Improve and Protect the Nations Health. Electronically submitted applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m., ET, on April 2, 2020.
Watch for continued information from Deltek and the GovWin IQ team on agency needs associated with coronavirus efforts.