Biden Administration: First 100 Days
Published: April 30, 2021
Deltek’s Biden Administration: The First 100 Days report explores the actions, efforts, and policy initiatives the Biden Administration has taken in its first 100 days and the contracting marketplace implications for the future.
A new president’s first 100 days in office are critical to shaping administration priorities, nominating new agency leadership, and setting the tone for the next four years. President Biden’s actions have centered around responding to the pandemic, economic recovery, climate change, equity and civil rights, and immigration.
Deltek’s analysis assesses the numerous Executive Orders (EOs), memoranda, legislation and policy directives that the President and his administration have issued in the early days in office. The report also explores the individual agency requirements that stem from those directives, as well as highlights of the Biden Administration’s discretionary budget priorities for FY 2022.
The report looks at the Biden Administration’s actions, efforts and progress in the following areas deemed as high priorities within its first 100 days:
- Economic Recovery
- COVID-19 Response
- Defense and Homeland Security
- Climate and Environment
- Government Operations
- Equity and Civil Rights
- Historic Number of Actions Signed- President Biden signed a historic number of executive orders, memoranda and proclamations in his first 100 days in office in order to address major U.S. crises, such as COVID-19.
- Key Actions with Contractor Impact- Executive orders likely to have the most impact on contractors include: Executive Order on Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America’s Workers, Executive Order on Worker Organizing and Empowerment, and Executive Order to Raise the Minimum Wage to $15 for Federal Contractors.
- Agency Priorities Taking Shape- Executive actions to date set the stage for a wide range of new and revised agency priorities, with agency leadership just beginning to take shape and immerse themselves into the federal operations required to execute.
- Data and Technology Focus- Biden executive actions to date, indicate an appreciation and desire to use data and technology to inform decision-making.
Critical Insight for Vendors
Deltek’s Biden Administration: The First 100 Days report takes a strategic look at important elements of first-100-day activities and how they are being implemented at key federal departments. The analysis is designed to enhance business development planning by providing relevant strategic and tactical insight into the Biden Administration’s initial high-priority efforts.
The report will help federal contractors:
- Understand proposed and signed federal legislation, executive orders, and memoranda, and their impacts on federal departments and agencies.
- Identify the administration’s agenda and policy positions, and how they may impact federal budgets, human capital and programs.
- Identify the potential contractor implications that may stem from the new administration’s actions initiated in the first 100 days.
- Develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks as it relates to the new administration.
- Understand requirements of federal customer agencies as they endeavor to implement requirements mandated by the new administration.
Deltek's Biden Administration: The First 100 Days report is delivered in PowerPoint® format, including a PowerPoint® Executive Briefing, and an Excel® data workbook.
Biden Administration: The First 100 Days
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Budget Overview
- Executive Actions
- Department Impact
- Conclusions and Recommendations