Federal COVID-19 Response Overview
Published: May 26, 2020
As the federal response to COVID-19 continues, federal contractors are working to navigate an unprecedented and changing environment. This presentation provides a look into the funding, policy and contracting actions that continue to emerge as the federal response evolves.
May 26, 2020 UPDATE
- Between March and April 2020, Congress appropriated $3.0T across 4 bills to address pandemic response and economic stabilization.
- The 4th stimulus bill, the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act, provided $484B in additional funding for SBA and HHS.
- On May 15, 2020, the House passed the HEROES Act, a potential 5th stimulus bill to address the COVID-19 response.
- DOD recently released more detailed draft guidance for contracting officers (COs) implementing Section 3610 of the CARES Act. The guidance includes a checklist for COs making determinations for contractor paid leave reimbursements.
- The pace of contract spending doesn't appear to be slowing, growing from $11.7B to $13.1B in one week.