Federal Big Data Outlook, FY 2012–2017
Published: October 31, 2012
Deltek’s Federal Big Data Outlook, FY 2012–2017 report explores the business opportunity in federal big data and examines the factors influencing federal spending on big data over the next five years.
Big data is not a market or a technology – but rather an application area for multiple technologies. Against a backdrop of tightening agency budgets, workforce gaps, and policy initiatives is an emphasis on better decision making to make the federal government work more efficiently and effectively. Big data solutions promise to enable faster, better decision making to lower costs, provide quick ROI, and in some cases provide priceless actionable information.
Deltek believes the federal big data opportunity will grow steadily over the next few years as agencies are now able to affordably implement big data solutions and technologies that were once only reserved for the high performance computing elite.
Critical Insight for Vendors
Deltek’s Federal Big Data Outlook, FY 2012–2017 report is intended to provide companies and other interested parties with a detailed view of the issues molding future big data spending and adoption over the next five years, and is designed to enhance a vendor’s federal planning process with strategic analysis.
The report helps federal contractors identify:
- Issues driving and inhibiting the adoption of big data technologies
- Scenarios for potential growth and the direction of the federal big data environment
- Agency big data use cases and indicators of strategic direction for big data use
- Strategies to consider for long-term strategic planning
- Federal big data opportunity size and forecast, including major IT segments
- Conclusions and recommendations for vendors
Deltek’s Federal Big Data Outlook, FY 2012–2017 Issue Report is delivered in PowerPoint® format. The report package also includes a PowerPoint Executive Briefing, and an Excel® workbook with charts and data.
- IT Budget Environment
- Policy Environment
- Other Big Data Trends and Drivers
- Big Data Approaches and Applications
- Big Data Challenges
- Market Segments
- Addressable Market Forecasts
- Market Evolution
- Agency Analysis: Big Data Innovators Profiled
- Conclusions and Recommendations