Deltek Pulse: Health and human services month in review, March 2017
Published: April 06, 2017
A monthly recap of the State and Local Health and Human Services solicitation releases.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market increased by 29% in March compared to February 2017. States usually ramp up solicitation activity in the spring and early summer, so this increase is unsurprising. Solicitation activity was notably high in Illinois, South Carolina, and Virginia last month, and activity was particularly low in Indiana and Nebraska. As usual, the majority of solicitations were in the categories of Professional Services and Medical and Scientific Equipment; followed by Social Services; Health Services; Architecture, Engineering and Construction; and Information Technology.
Notable RFP Releases
- The Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet, on behalf of Cabinet for Health and Family Services, released a request for proposals (RFP) for a Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE). Proposals are due on May 26, 2017.
- The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Child Support Services (DCSS), released an RFP for maintenance and operation of the Delaware Child Support System (DECSS). Proposals are due on April 28, 2017.
- The Rhode Island Department of Administration/Division of Purchases, on behalf of the Rhode Island Office of Management and Budget, Office of Internal Audit (OIA), has a requirement for an Enterprise Fraud, Waste and Abuse Analytics and Platform. Proposals are due on April 25, 2017.
- Both Iowa and Alabama released solicitations for Unemployment Insurance Modernization Projects in March. Alabama is looking for a full replacement of all UI Benefits, Tax, Appeals and UI Reporting and Validation Mainframe applications. Proposals are due on May 1, 2017. Iowa is seeking a unified, one-stop, configurable, commercial-off-the-shelf, full web-based Unemployment Insurance solution. Proposals are due May 12, 2017.
Notable Contract Awards
- The Virginia Department of Health awarded its contract for Maintenance and Enhancements of the Crossroads WIC Management Information System (WIC MIS) to CSC Covansys. The contract has a base term value of $6 million over 36 months, with 2 one-year renewal options.
- The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services awarded its contract for Medicaid Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) services to Magellan Medicaid Administration. The base term of the contract is 5 years, with 3 one-year renewal options.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.