Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services month in review, April 2017
Published: May 03, 2017
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in April 2017.
Deltek witnessed high solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market in April 2017. The second quarter of the year typically yields the largest amount of solicitations and last month’s numbers support that trend. Solicitation activity was high across all states, but notably so in New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington State. For the first time all year, Virginia surpassed Texas in the number of solicitations released, with Washington State close behind. Taking a closer look at the primary requirement of each solicitation, there was an increase in Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) requirements, as well as a notable uptick in Operations and Maintenance requirements. However, the majority of solicitations were in the categories of Professional Services and Medical and Scientific Equipment. The number of Information Technology (IT) projects remained relatively steady from previous months.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The California Office of Systems Integration (OSI) issued a final request for proposals (RFP) for its eWIC MIS Project. The State is seeking system integration services to transfer, modify, implement, maintain, and support a Management Information System (MIS) for California’s Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for WIC, managed by the California Department of Public Health WIC Division (CDPH/WIC). Final proposals are due on August 31, 2017.
- The New Jersey Department of Treasury released an RFP for NJKiDS Application Maintenance and Support Services for the New Jersey Child Support Enforcement System. The incumbent contract with Protech Solutions expired at the end of April. Proposals are due on June 15, 2017.
- The New Mexico Department of Human Services released a solicitation for a contractor to design, implement, maintain and operate the HHS 2020 Medicaid Enterprise Data Services module of the Medicaid Management Information System Replacement (MMISR) Solution. Proposals are due on June 21, 2017.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families issued an RFP for eWiSACWIS Maintenance, Operations and Help Desk Services. The incumbent contract with CGI expires on June 30, 2018. Proposals are due on June 9, 2017.
- The Wyoming Department of Administration and Information released an RFP for Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Tools and Reporting Services. This procurement is a module in the MMIS Wyoming Integrated Next Generation System (WINGS) project. Proposals are due on May 26, 2017.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.