Deltek Pulse: General Government Services month in review, April 2017
Published: May 03, 2017
A monthly recap of the State and Local General Government solicitation releases.
April held strong in solicitation releases and only saw a slight drop from March 2017. The trend continued for Natural Resources as the highest producer of General Government bids. Economic Development saw the second highest release. Professional Services made up 54% of the total solicitations released, with Information Technology accounting for the remaining 46%. California, Texas, and New York were the leading states for solicitation releases this month, while South Dakota, Nebraska, and Delaware released the fewest.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Vermont Department of Buildings and General Services has a requirement for Mainframe Outsourcing. Currently, the state handles all their disaster recovery and mainframe processing support in-house. Proposals are due by May 9, 2017.
- The state of Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission released a request for proposals (RFP) for an Automated License Service (PALS). The awarded PALS RFP vendor will upgrade and modernize the license sales process and provide better program and catalog management through the deployment of a modern, configurable, and scalable electronic web based point-of-sale license sales system, program management reports, financial processing, and help desk support. Proposals are due June 23, 2017.
- The Idaho Division of Purchasing, on behalf of the Idaho Brand Board, issued a solicitation for a Livestock Identification, Brand Recording and Disease Traceability Software Program. Requirements include program administration, data management, and reporting. Proposals are due by May 24, 2017.
Notable Contract Awards
- The Information Technology Project Manager Consulting Services solicitation for the Illinois State Retirement System has been awarded to Agile Progress, LLC. A total of seven vendors submitted proposals.
- The Maryland Department of Transportation awarded Deloitte Consulting, LLP the contract for maintenance, technical, and business support of its financial management information system (FMIS).
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.