Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, May 2017

Published: June 08, 2017

Community DevelopmentEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesInformation TechnologyNatural Resources/EnvironmentProfessional ServicesPublic Finance

A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government market in May 2017.

May saw an increase in solicitations released, which resulted in May being the month with the highest solicitation releases in 2017. There was a 6.9% increase from April. The majority of the solicitations released, approximately 68%, had a primary requirement of Professional Services. The remaining 32% were made up of solicitations with a primary requirement of Information Technology. Natural Resources was the vertical with the most solicitations, followed by Economic Development and Public Finance. Community Development saw the fewest releases in May. California, Texas, and New York had the most releases and South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska had the fewest.

Notable Solicitation Releases

  • The Oregon Department of Administrative Services released a request for proposals (RFP), on behalf of State Agencies and Oregon Cooperative Procurement Program Participants, for Information Technology Professional Business Services. Proposals are due by June 20, 2017.
  • California has a requirement for IT Services, as well. The state released an RFP seeking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for Network Adequacy Analytics Reporting to analyze network adequacy filings submitted by insurers to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) SERFF system on behalf of the California Department of Insurance (CDI). Proposals are due by June 14, 2017.
  • The Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) is looking for ORION System Operation and Maintenance, Enhancements and Technology Modernization Services. ORION is a system comprised of integrated component systems and diverse applications that support the PERS mission and the agency’s business users within the PERS enterprise computing and communications network. Proposals are due by June 12, 2017.
  • The State of Iowa is conducting a bid for Digital Scanning Services for all Agencies across the State. The state is seeking a vendor that must be able to be able to pick up documents locally or be available at site locations within the Polk County, Iowa area. Proposals are due by June 8, 2017.

You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.