Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, August 2017
Published: September 12, 2017
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in August 2017.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market decreased by 11% in August 2017 compared to July 2017. The majority of solicitations released in August had a primary requirement of Medical and Scientific Equipment followed by Professional Services; Health Services; and Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC). The number of Information Technology (IT) solicitations have increased modestly while Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations were a comparable amount to solicitations released in July. Texas, New York, and California released the most solicitations in August, while Nebraska, Nevada, Wyoming, and Montana released the fewest.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The State of Nevada Purchasing Division, on behalf of the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, has released a request for proposals (RFP) for the Nevada Electronic Benefit Transfer and Cash Benefit System Project. Proposals are due on November 21, 2017.
- The New Hampshire Department of Employment Security (NHES), has issued an RFP to procure vendor services to provide ongoing maintenance and support for the New Hampshire Unemployment Insurance System (NHUIS). Proposals are due on September 19, 2017.
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) released an RFP for the DHEC Electronic Health Record project. The department is seeking a vendor who can provide software and professional services to implement and support an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. The proposed solution must be a fully vendor-hosted model. Proposals are due on October 31, 2017.
- Montana has issued a solicitation seeking a Provider Services Module for the Department of Public Health and Human Services Montana Program for Automating and Transforming Healthcare (MPATH). This RFP is a multi-state procurement involving Wyoming, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Oregon. Proposals shall be submitted no later than October 23, 2017.
- The Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) has awarded Northrop Grumman Corporation to fulfill its requirement for its DHR Child Support System Facility Services (ALECS) project. Based on the value of the incumbent contract, Deltek estimates a five-year contract will be valued at approximately $30 million.
- The State of Nevada Purchasing Division, on behalf of the Division of Welfare and Support Services, has awarded CSG Government Solutions the Project Management Office (PMO) Services for Child Support Enforcement (CSE) System Replacement Project. The awarded value for this contract is $19,895,040.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.