The Successful Platform for K-12 IT Systems Management
Published: September 15, 2017
8 truths about why Integration Platform as a Service is the most successful K-12 platform
Interoperability is complex for any IT professional in the K-12 space. According to eschoolnews.com, here are 8 truths that may explain why vendors who have been very successful in other IT verticals never seem to meet expectations in K-12:
- The solution cannot be point to point.
- There must be multiple ways of moving data.
- The system must merge disparate feeds.
- Your data solution must be bi-directional.
- K-12 communities need a flexible data model.
- K-12 communities must deal with "dumb" end points.
- Integration belongs in the cloud but must accommodate on-premise apps.
- Be multi-tenant with supervisory capability.
The most successful platform that is useful to school districts is one that is cloud-based, and can get multiple systems integrating, an integration platform as a service (iPaaS).
While there are multiple companies that provide an iPaaS, understanding the education space is critical to offering the ideal solution for that community.
The company Kimono has been working on addressing these 8 truths and fixing the problem of K-12 interoperability and have developed an iPaaS with an education-friendly price. The iPaaS is developed specifically for the K-12 community and they accounted for the truths above.
Vendors looking to sell in this space should work to ensure their products are addressing these problems to be able to compete with vendors like Kimono who have successfully mastered entering into this market.