Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, September 2017
Published: October 02, 2017
Community DevelopmentEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesINFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AGENCY, VIRGINIA (VIRGINIA)Information TechnologyNatural Resources/EnvironmentProfessional ServicesPublic FinanceSECRETARY OF STATE, OFFICE OF (WASHINGTON)TEXAS AT AUSTIN, UNIVERSITY OF (TEXAS)
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government Services market in September 2017.
The month of September saw a decrease in the number of General Government solicitations from the previous month, decreasing by about 15% from August. The majority of the solicitations had a primary requirement of Professional Services, at about 69%, with the remaining 31% having a primary requirement of Information Technology. The Natural Resources vertical saw the most solicitations, followed by Economic Development, Public Finance, and Community Development. The three states with the most procurement activity in the month of September were California, Texas, and New York, while South Dakota, Montana, and Indiana had the least.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The University of Texas System has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for an Office of Employee Benefits Information Systems’ Modernization. The deadline to submit proposals is October 20, 2017.
- The Washington Office of the Secretary of State has released an RFP for an Elections Modernization Project. The state’s current system is over 10 years old and needs to be modernized. Proposals are due on November 1, 2017.
- The Virginia Information Technologies Agency has released an RFP for Server, Storage, and Data Center Services. Proposals are due on November 16, 2017.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.