Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, September 2017
Published: October 06, 2017
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in September 2017.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market decreased by 2% in September 2017 compared to August 2017. The majority of solicitations released in September had a primary requirement of Professional Services followed by Medical and Scientific Equipment, Social Services, and Health Services. The number of Information Technology (IT) solicitations have decreased modestly while Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations decreased significantly compared to the amount of solicitations released in August. Texas, New York, and California released the most solicitations in September, while Idaho, Montana, and Delaware released the fewest.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has released a request for proposals (RFP) for the Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS) Software Development and Maintenance. Proposals are due on November 20, 2017.
- The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare issued an invitation to bid (ITB) to for its WIC Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Initiative. They are seeking a vendor to plan, develop, and implement an online technical solution that will facilitate electronic processing of Idaho’s Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) transactions. Proposals are due on November 15, 2017.
- The South Carolina Department of Health of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) released an RFP for a Medicaid Enterprise System Integrator (MESI). The department is seeking a vendor who can use the Department’s Technical Reference Architecture (TRA) standards to design, develop, deploy, and integrate the technical components for the SCDHHS Medicaid Enterprise System (MES). The vendor will also coordinate with Solution Providers of the distributed Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) to ensure their solutions integrate with the MES. Proposals are due on November 9, 2017.
- The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services/Department of Medicaid Services issued a solicitation for a Program Management Office (PMO) for Medicaid Enterprise Management System (MEMS). Proposals are due on November 30, 2017. Shortly after the PMO RFP, Kentucky released another RFP for a System Integrator for the Kentucky Medicaid Enterprise Management Solution. Proposals for this solicitation are due on December 7, 2017.
- The New Jersey Department of the Treasury, on behalf of the Department of Children and Families (DCF), Division of Child Behavioral Health Services (DCBHS), has awarded Community Behavioral HealthCare Network of PA Inc. to fulfill its requirement for a Contracted System Administrator for the Children’s System of Care. The awarded value for this contract is $79,324,000.
- The California Department of General Services has awarded Deloitte Consulting its requirement for Employment Development Department System Maintenance and Operations. A contract value has not been finalized at this time.
- The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals has awarded a contract to WingSwept for its requirement for an Electronic Case Management System for the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. A contract value has not been finalized but Deltek anticipates the value of this contract to be approximately $2-$4 million based on other opportunities of similar size and scope.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.