Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, October 2017
Published: November 09, 2017
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in October 2017.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market increased by 9% in October 2017 compared to September 2017. The majority of solicitations released in October had a primary requirement of Medical and Scientific Equipment followed by Professional Services, Social Services, and Health Services. The number of Information Technology (IT) solicitations have increased modestly while Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations increased significantly compared to the amount of solicitations released in September.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet, on behalf of the Department for Medicaid Services, released a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Systems Integrator for Medicaid Enterprise Management System (MEMS). A vendor conference will be held on November 9, 2017. Proposals are due on December 7, 2017.
- The Alabama Medicaid Agency has released a request for bid (RFB) for its MMIS Takeover for Medicaid Fiscal Agent Services. The purpose of this RFB is to competitively procure vendor services to enhance and operate the current Alabama Medicaid Management Information System (AMMIS) for the State of Alabama Medicaid Agency and to serve as fiscal agent on an annual operational contract. Proposals are due on December 18, 2017.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services has released an RFP for its State Collection and Disbursement Unit project. The department is looking for a vendor to satisfy a need for the maintenance and operation of a Pennsylvania State Collection and Disbursement Unit (PA SCDU) to collect and disburse all support payments made for cases administered by the Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement program. Proposals are due on December 19, 2017.
- The Ohio Department of Administrative Services, on behalf of the Department of Medicaid, has released an RFP for the Ohio Medicaid Enterprise System, Systems Integrator (OMES SI) project. The state is seeking systems integrator services to assist in the modernization of the MMIS system and integration of new modules and functionality. The vendor inquiry period ends on November 20, 2017 and proposals are due on December 1, 2017.
- The Wyoming Department of Health has awarded Deloitte Consulting, LLP a contract for its requirement for System Integrator/HUB/Enterprise Service Bus (SI/ESB). The awarded value for this contract is $35,145,000.
- The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) has awarded Optum Government Solutions, Inc. to fulfill its requirement for an Enterprise Data Warehouse Solution in support of the legacy MMIS replacement with a Medicaid Enterprise System. A contract value has not been finalized but Deltek estimates the value to be contract will be approximately $5,000,000 based on other opportunities of similar size and scope.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.