Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, December 2017

Published: January 02, 2018

Community DevelopmentEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesInformation TechnologyNatural Resources/EnvironmentProfessional ServicesPublic FinanceTEXAS STATE DEPARTMENTS (TEXAS)VIRGINIA STATE DEPARTMENTS (VIRGINIA)

A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government Services market in December 2017.

The month of December saw a decrease in the number of General Government solicitations from the previous month, dropping by about 30% from November. The majority of the solicitations issued had a primary requirement of Professional Services, at about 71%, with the remaining 29% having a primary requirement of Information Technology. The Natural Resources vertical saw the most solicitations, followed by Public Finance, Economic Development/Regulation, and Community Development. The three states with the most procurement activity in the month of December were New York, California, and Texas, while Nebraska, Indiana, and Delaware had the least.

Notable Solicitation Releases

  • The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) issued a request for offers (RFO) for Cisco Branded Products and Services. The state’s intent is to establish a cooperative purchasing agreement which improves the efficiency of the procurement process by reducing the time required to procure Cisco branded products. The deadline to submit offers is February 5, 2018.
  • The Virginia Department of Treasury released a solicitation for Electronic Payments Processing Services. This project will cover services related to credit cards, debit cards, bill payment, gift cards, and more. Proposals are due by February 14, 2018.
  • The Texas DIR issued an RFO for Oracle Branded Manufacturer Hardware, Software and Services. The contract would cover Oracle Branded Cloud Services for the DIR’s customer use. Offers are due on January 23, 2018.

You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.