Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, February 2018
Published: March 01, 2018
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in February 2018.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market increased 32% in February compared to January. The majority of solicitations released in February had a primary requirement of Professional Services, followed by Medical and Scientific Equipment; Information Technology (IT); and Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC). The number of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations increased slightly. Social Services and Health Services solicitations had a sizeable decrease compared to the amount of solicitations released in January.
Notable Solicitation Releases
• The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families released a request for proposals (RFP) for State Disbursement Unit (SDU) for Child Support Collections. The SDU will process child support collections, provide limited related customer service, and provide a debit card program for disbursements. Proposals are due on April 12, 2018.
• The Ohio Department of Administrative Services, on behalf of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, issued an RFP for the Ohio Unemployment Insurance System Transformation (UIST). The goal of building both a tax and benefits system is to create synergies and simplifications that will reflect back into efficiencies in business processes. The new system will contain additional capabilities to monitor claimant compliance, pay accurate and timely benefits, establish employer accounts, process quarterly reports and payments, and the capacity to more quickly implement federal and state changes to the program. Proposals are due on March 30, 2018.
• The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH), Bureau of Health Services Financing, released a solicitation for Enrollment Broker Services for the Medicaid Managed Care Program. LDH is seeking a vendor to perform all functions directly related to the enrollment and disenrollment of beneficiaries within the managed care system, including enrollee education and enrollment information. Proposals are due on April 5, 2018.
• The Ohio Department of Administrative Services, on behalf of the Department of Medicaid, issued an RFP for Provider Network Management services to assist in the modernization of the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) and integration of new modules and functionality. The required functionality for the Provider Network Management solution would include an automated and self-service processes to monitor and support the network of providers servicing the Ohio Medicaid Enterprise programs, including provider communications, provider performance monitoring, processing of potentially adverse information regarding providers, continuous monitoring of continued provider eligibility, facility change of ownership, data gathering to support rate-setting activities, and provider affiliation with the Managed Care Plans. Proposals are due on March 21, 2018.
• The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry has awarded a contract to Deloitte Consulting, LLP to fulfill its requirement for the Workers' Compensation Automation and Integration System Maintenance and Enhancements (WCAIS). The contract includes the handling of all data management tasks associated with maintaining WCAIS, including activities specifically associated with a release and data maintenance activities to ensure WCAIS data is complete, accurate, secure and stored efficiently to optimize performance. The awarded value for this contract is $17,582,094.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.