Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, March 2018

Published: April 03, 2018

Community DevelopmentContracting TrendsEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesInformation TechnologyNatural Resources/EnvironmentProfessional ServicesPublic FinanceTEXAS STATE DEPARTMENTS (TEXAS)VERMONT STATE DEPARTMENTS (VERMONT)

A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government Services market in March 2018.

The month of March saw a fairly substantial increase in the number of General Government Services solicitations over February, growing by about 49%. The majority of the solicitations issued had a primary requirement of Professional Services, at about 59%, with the remaining 41% having a primary requirement of Information Technology. The Economic Development/Regulation vertical saw the most solicitations, followed by Natural Resources/Environment. The three States with the most procurement activity in March were California, Texas, and New York, while North Dakota, Vermont, and Delaware had the least.

Notable Solicitation Releases

  • The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) issued a request for offers (RFO) for Data Storage, Data Communication and Networking Equipment and Related Services. As a result of this RFO, DIR expects to create a contract vehicle that will satisfy statewide procurement requirements for various data and communications equipment and related services. Offers must be submitted by May 4, 2018.
  • The Vermont Department of Buildings and General Services posted a request for proposals (RFP) for a Retainer Contract Opportunity for Information Technology Services. The purpose of the RFP is to identify vendors capable of providing various Information Technology Services to the state of Vermont. The deadline for proposals is April 26, 2018.
  • The Cook County, Illinois Pension Fund (CCPF) released a request for proposals for a Pension Administration System (PAS). The CCPF is seeking a new system with upgraded, centralized, and more automated business functions. The deadline for proposals is May 14, 2018.

You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.