Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, August 2018
Published: September 06, 2018
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in August 2018.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market in August was slower compared to activity in July. The majority of solicitations released in August had a primary requirement of Health Services followed by Professional Services, and Medical and Scientific Equipment. The number of Social Services solicitations decreased slightly, while Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) had a slight increase. Information Technology (IT) and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations were a comparable amount to solicitations released in July.
Notable Solicitation Releases
• The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE), released a request for proposals (RFP) for a vendor to operate an inbound customer service Call Center. The Call Center will support WAHBE by helping customers navigate the Washington Healthplanfinder (HPF), answering questions about eligibility and enrollment, and providing other customer service functions. Questions are due on September 7. An intent to submit is due on September 28 and proposals are due on October 16, 2018.
• The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has released a CATS+ Task Order (TO) RFP for the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) on the Web (WOW) System Support project. The department issued this TORFP in order to obtain a TO Contractor to host, support, maintain and enhance the management information system, Women, Infants and Children (WIC) on the Web (WOW), for the Maryland (MD), US Virgin Islands (USVI), and Delaware (DE) WIC Programs. The TO Contractor selected for this TORFP shall be responsible for supporting the MD WOW, USVI WOW and DE WOW systems. Proposals are due on September 12, 2018.
• The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services released an RFP for a Centralized Payment Processing Unit. They are seeking a vendor to provide continuation of Child Support Enforcement (CSE) collections processing functions, processing of the Fraud and Recovery Unit payments, and processing miscellaneous payments for the Department’s Fiscal Services Section. Proposals are due on October 3, 2018.
• The Alabama Medicaid Agency has awarded DXC Technology Services to fulfill its requirement for the MMIS Takeover of the current Medicaid Management Information System. Deltek estimates the value of this award to be between $75 million and $100 million.
• The state of Wisconsin Department of Health Services has awarded a contract to DXC Technology for its requirement for Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Fiscal Agent Services. This contract is valued at $400 million.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.