Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, September 2018
Published: October 02, 2018
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in September 2018.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market in September remained consistent with activity seen in August. The majority of solicitations released in August had a primary requirement of Professional Services followed by Health Services, and Social Services. The number of Medical and Scientific Equipment solicitations increased slightly, while Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) remained steady. Information Technology (IT) and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) solicitations deceased slightly compared to solicitations released in August.
Notable Solicitation Releases
• The Iowa Department of Human Services released a request for proposals (RFP) for the Takeover of Core Medicaid Management Information System Services. They are looking for a vendor to maintain systems and software, as necessary, to support Core MMIS functions, including the ability to interface with data sources as determined by the Agency. The first round of questions and intent to submit are both due on October 5. The second round of questions are due on October 31, and proposals are due on December 10, 2018.
• The Georgia Department of Public Health released an RFP for the Electronic Benefits Transfer Functional WIC Management Information System, Transfer and Implementation System (WIC EBT/MIS) The department will establish one contract with one qualified supplier who shall provide Transfer and Implementation (T&I) services of an Existing and Operational web-based Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Functional Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Clinic Management Information System. Questions are due on October 19 and an intent to submit is due on November 16. Proposals are due on December 3, 2018.
• The Ohio Department of Administrative Services, on behalf of the Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS), released an RFP for its ODJFS Child Support Payment Central Refresh/ State Disbursement Unit project. The agency is looking for a vendor to transition services from its current State Disbursement Unit (SDU) to a new SDU platform. The contractor must provide a statewide operation to serve as a central point for all support collections and disbursements. Questions are due on October 19, 2018 and proposals are due on October 26, 2018.
• The Tennessee, Department of Finance and Administration, Division of TennCare, released a solicitation for its Pharmacy Benefits Management project. The State intends to secure a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) contract for a state-of-the-art online, real-time pharmacy claims processing system to adjudicate and manage claims for the TennCare member population with pharmacy benefits. Questions are due on October 9, 2018, and proposals are due on November 13, 2018.
• The State of Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services has awarded a contract to Deloitte Consulting, LLP for Systems Integration Services Contractor to support Montana’s Medicaid modernization effort, referred to as Montana’s Program for Automating and Transforming Healthcare (MPATH). The Department of Public Health and Human Services valued this contract at $32,970,839.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.