Local Governments to Modernize Community Development with Oracle Cloud
Published: October 22, 2018
New Public Sector Community Development solution reduces permitting and licensing complexity to drive economic development.
Oracle recently launched Oracle Public Sector Community Development, a new Software-as-a-Service application that transforms cumbersome permitting and licensing into an end-to-end solution for reliable execution of building regulatory processes.
The application is a fully-configurable, built-for-purpose cloud solution for state and local government that fulfills a number of needs:
- Modernizes the compliance and regulatory process for land-use and building infrastructure, focusing first on building permits and inspections.
- Accommodates diverse permit types and associated workflows that are easily configurable and extensible to each agency’s unique needs through built-in process automation tools from Oracle Integration Cloud, designed for use by departmental staff—not constrained IT personnel.
- Allows frictionless interactions between the public and local government with an intuitive, role-based user experience on any device, enhanced with guided interactions and natural voice interactions.
- Increases strategic insight and enables better decision making through contextually relevant data visualization, leveraging Oracle’s business intelligence and analytics.
- Provides deeper permit understanding and greater processing efficiency through integration with Esri’s ArcGIS developer API. Esri is an established provider of location intelligence.
- Empowers inspectors to ensure public safety and accountability with a mobile application, enforcing code compliance quickly and easily while accelerating occupancy rates
Oracle Public Sector Community Development is offered as a subscription cloud service, which eliminates the need for capital expenditures, enables faster government innovation, and lowers the cost of ownership. It also lowers the demand on IT staff, scales with the growth of the using entity, and allows the government agencies to continually receive new functionality.
Looking ahead, Oracle will continue to rapidly deliver new capabilities to market. Oracle’s roadmap includes expanding its Community Development offerings to include planning and zoning and code enforcement functionality and delivering new applications that address additional regulatory challenges at the local and state level, including business and professional licenses.