Deltek Pulse: General government services month in review, November 2018

Published: December 03, 2018

Community DevelopmentEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesInformation TechnologyKENTUCKY STATE DEPARTMENTS (KENTUCKY)MASSACHUSETTS STATE DEPARTMENTS (MASSACHUSETTS)Natural Resources/EnvironmentProfessional ServicesPublic FinanceTENNESSEE STATE DEPARTMENTS (TENNESSEE)

A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government Services market in November 2018.

The month of November saw a decrease in the number of General Government Services solicitations over October, decreasing by about 28%. The majority of the solicitations issued had a primary requirement of Professional Services, at about 76%, with the remaining 24% having a primary requirement of Information Technology. The Public Finance vertical saw the most solicitations, followed by Economic Development/Regulation, Community Development, and Natural Resources/Environment. The three States with the most procurement activity in November were California, Florida, and New Jersey, while Delaware, Washington, D.C, and North Dakota had the least.

Notable Solicitation Releases

  • The Tennessee Department of Treasury has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for Investment Risk Analytics Systems, Tools, and Services.  The state is seeking a fixed income portfolio management system that will model and assess risk in detail with respect to both the aggregate portfolio and individual securities. Proposals are due December 19, 2018.
  • The Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet, on behalf of the Department of Revenue (DOR), released an RFP for an Integrated Tax System (ITS). DOR is seeking commercial off the shelf software products that can support personal income taxes and multiple business taxes. The deadline for proposals is January 24, 2019.
  • The Massachusetts Executive Office of Education (EOE) has posted a request for responses (RFR) for a State Financial Aid Processing Software System (FAPSS). The procured FAPSS will service the approximately 130 million in student aid administered annually by the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). The deadline for responses is January 4, 2019.

You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.