Deltek Pulse: Health and Human Services Month in Review, November 2018
Published: December 04, 2018
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED Health and Human Services market in November 2018.
Solicitation activity in the State, Local and Education (SLED) Health and Human Services (HHS) market in November experienced a 23% decrease compared to October’s solicitations. The majority of solicitations released in November had a primary requirement of Health Services, followed by Professional Services and Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, top requirements which are consistent with those from the month of October. The number of Social Services, Information Technology, Medical and Scientific Equipment, and Operations and Maintenance solicitations all decreased slightly compared to solicitations from the prior month.
Notable Solicitation Releases
• The Maine Department of Health and Human Services released a request for proposals (RFP) for Electronic Health Records Hosting Services (EHR). The agency is seeking a vendor to assist with the current maintenance and future expansion of the MEDITECH operating platform, which is utilized by the state’s psychiatric hospitals for managing patient records and billing. The anticipated value of this contract is approximately $1,500,000. Proposals are due on December 5, 2018.
• The New Mexico Department of Human Services released an RFP for a Consolidated Customer Service Center (CCSC). The agency is seeking a vendor to configure, provide, and operate a system that will streamline the call handling process to resolve as many individual calls as appropriate in an efficient and coordinated manner. The CCSC module is part of the State’s initiative to replace its existing Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) through a MMIS Replacement (MMISR) Solution. It also falls under a broader enterprise initiative called HHS 2020, which encompasses improvements to additional agency programs beyond Medicaid. The anticipated value of this opportunity is approximately $5,000,000. A pre-proposal conference will be held on December 5, while questions are due on December 7, 2018 and proposals are due on January 16, 2019.
• The Tennessee Department of Human Services released an RFP for a State Disbursement Unit (SDU) for its Child Support Enforcement Program. The agency is seeking a vendor to provide a processing center that collects and disburses payments for all child support cases enforced by the program, as well as certain non-enforced cases. According to the RFP, the resulting contract(s) will be worth $16,000,000 to $18,000,000. Proposals are due on December 17, 2018.
• The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services released an RFP for Electronic Visit Verification Services (EVV). The agency is seeking a vendor to manage and administer a system that will support the agency in delivering and tracking services provided in the homes of Medicaid beneficiaries. This project represents one aspect of the State’s Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (RMMIS) Program. Based on the incumbent contract, the estimated value of this opportunity is approximately $15,000,000. Proposals are due on January 8, 2019.
• The Wisconsin Department of Health Services has awarded a contract to DXC Technology for Medicaid Management Information System and Fiscal Agent Services (MMIS). This contract has a base term of five years, with five one-year renewal options, and is valued at $426,717,697 for the initial five years.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.