Tyler Technologies Acquires SceneDoc
Published: December 12, 2018
Public sector technology provider Tyler Technologies has acquired SceneDoc, a provider of mobile software-as-a-service field reporting for law enforcement agencies.
Tyler Technologies has recently acquired SceneDoc, a provider of public safety technology products. SceneDoc created the technology that allows first responders to use smartphones, tablets, wearables, and task-specific apps in the field to capture data, electronic notes, and multimedia from these devices and store them in the cloud.
A few features differentiating SceneDoc from other solutions include:
- Mobile-first design and optimization for smartphones, tablets, and wearables
- Voice-to-text capabilities, which allow easy capture of notes and helps keep the officer's eyes on their surroundings
- Simple navigation and a responsive design
- Flexible capture and sharing of assets such as pictures, audio, video, and text
- Capability to upload information to the cloud in real-time, allowing dispatchers, commanders, and other officers to respond to information accordingly
According to Tyler President and CEO Lynn Moore, “public safety continues to embrace new approaches and tools which keep officers engaged with their communities, and this aligns well with Tyler's vision for empowering smarter, safer, and more vibrant communities.” As noted, 2018 has seen a number of large tech companies acquiring smaller software and cloud providers, so this acquisition fits this trend. The acquisition of SceneDoc reinforces Tyler’s position as a market leader in mobile-first public safety software.
Source: Tyler Technologies