Federal Information Technology Market, 2016-2021
Published: June 30, 2016
Deltek's Federal Information Technology Market, 2016-2021 explores market drivers, strategic programs, key initiatives and forecasts federal information technology spending over the next five years.
Although the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 provided a small funding infusion, agencies continue to face budget pressures, numerous technology and management mandates, and an impending administration change. Agencies are challenged by the need to meet near-term demands while planning a long-term strategy, modernize IT environments and streamline contracting and management processes, all within an often ambiguous environment. Deltek predicts the information technology market will remain flat over the next few years as agencies look to lower costs, increase efficiencies and juggle priorities.
- Priority Areas Unchanged – Growth opportunities remain in key strategic areas such as: cloud computing, data center optimization, cybersecurity, big data and infrastructure modernization.
- Election Impact –The new administration may reset some IT policy, but policies will likely carry the same themes under different branding.
- Contract Streamlining – Consolidating contracting onto fewer contracts will heighten competition.
- Legacy System Modernization – The IT Modernization Fund could bring significant opportunities to contractors, provided that agencies can drive the tangible cost savings required to reimburse the fund.
Critical Insight for Vendors
Deltek's Federal Information Technology Market, 2016-2021 takes a 5-year strategic view of the trends, drivers and inhibitors impacting federal information technology procurement. The scope of analysis includes traditional IT as well as embedded IT spending within non-IT programs.
The report provides:
- Insight into the factors, policies and technologies shaping the market landscape over the next five years.
- Insight into the dynamics shaping IT market segments and agency spending.
- Insights from industry and government thought leader surveys.
- Market forecasts to support vendor’s strategic planning .
- Recommendations to help contractors evaluate the impact of trends on their businesses.
Deltek's Federal IT Market, 2016-2021 report is delivered in PowerPoint® format. The report package also includes a PowerPoint® Executive Briefing, and an Excel® workbook.
- Purpose of the Report
- Scope and Methodology
- Survey Demographics
- Key Findings
- New Administration
- Total Addressable Market
- Buyer Segments
- Defense, Civilian, Intelligence
- Technology Segments
- IT Hardware
- IT Professional Services
- IT Outsourcing
- Communications and Network Services
- Air Force
- Homeland Security
- Health and Human Services
- Veterans Affairs
- Intelligence Community
Terms and Definitions
APPENDIX – Additional Agency Analysis
- Social Security Administration
- Housing and Urban Development
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Science Foundation
- Small Business Administration