State and Local Procurement Snapshot - Q3 2018
Published: November 05, 2018
GovWin + Onvia's State and Local Procurement Snapshot - Q3 2018 provides vendors with details about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent trends, including growth rates by industry and level of government.
Our Q3 2018 State & Local Procurement Snapshot indicates modest improvement compared with the last two quarters in bids, enough to bring the entire year only slightly below the long-term market average. While 2018 so far remains fairly slow overall, following an unusually strong 'catch-up year' in 2017, it is much healthier than 2016.
The SLED market analysis team at GovWin+Onvia provides context by examining key drivers for the improving growth rate. We then rank 12 major industries by their level of growth, including four specific industry groups that are increasing in volume by 3-7%, year-over-year. We also identify which type of government is currently growing the fastest.
Finally, our geographic analysis identifies states with the highest growth rates in bid volume to provide a regional perspective. Our special feature this quarter explores the role that economic confidence plays in decisions around the timing of new bids, including the influence of the stock market itself, and examines the implications of this for contractors trying to understand trends in competitive opportunities and market dynamics.
Readers of this report will learn:
- Details about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent trends
- Which industries and types of projects are experiencing the highest growth rates
- Contracting trends by type of agency that can help identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Differences in year-over-year bid & RFP growth rates by state
- Purchasing trends, outlook and perspective on the state, local, and education government sub-markets
- How to better understand the pulse of the SLED market to make informed planning and strategy decisions for your business
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary (p. 03)
- Market Snapshot (p. 04)
- Total Project Counts (p. 06_
- Agency Snapshot – Historical Trends (p. 07)
- Quarterly Growth – Industry Ranking (p. 08)
- Industry Ranking by Level of Government (p. 09)
- Quarterly State Growth Tracker (p. 10)
- Further Analysis of State Growth Tracker (p. 11)
- Special Feature (p. 12)
- Glossary of Industries (p. 15)