Monthly Recap for the SLED Market Related to COVID-19 – August 2020
Published: September 11, 2020
A monthly recap of COVID-19 related procurement from August 2020 and a look into SLED bid extensions and cancellations during COVID-19.
GovWin IQ has been tracking procurements related to COVID-19 in the State, Local, and Education market on a weekly basis (articles can be found on the Market Analysis landing page) but now wants to take a high level look at the last month.
COVID-19 continued to have an effect on SLED procurement on a daily basis. Projects were delayed, postponed until further notice, or even canceled.
August 2020 State & Local bid volume was down 20.7% compared to August 2019.
Below is a list of notable projects that were affected.
Notable Opportunities Cancelled due to COVID-19:
- State of Maine Secretary of State - Driver License Examination Knowledge And Road Skills Testing System
Notable Opportunities Delayed due to COVID-19:
- Phoenix Public Transit Department - Subrecipient Grant Management System
- L.A. Sanitation - Computerized Image Object Identification And Geo Location Program
- Colorado Department of Education - Statewide Student Information System
Notable Opportunities On Hold due to COVID-19:
- Washington State Department of Agriculture - Food Assistance Program System Rewrite Project
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department - Campground Reservation System
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources - Sport And Commercial License And Central Reservation System
Notable Opportunities Postponed due to COVID-19:
- Missouri Department of Revenue - Integrated Motor Vehicle And Driver Licensing System