Deltek Pulse: General Government Services Month in Review, January 2020
Published: February 03, 2020
CITY OF CHICAGO SCHOOL DISTRICT 299 (ILLINOIS)Community DevelopmentEconomic Development/RegulationGeneral Government ServicesInformation TechnologyMISSOURI STATE DEPARTMENTS (MISSOURI)Natural Resources/EnvironmentNEW HAMPSHIRE STATE DEPARTMENTS (NEW HAMPSHIRE)Professional ServicesPublic Finance
A recap of procurement activity in the SLED General Government Services market in January 2020.
The month of January saw an increase in the number of General Government Services solicitations over December, rising by about 26%. The majority of the solicitations issued had a primary requirement of Professional Services, at about 56%, with the remaining 44% having a primary requirement of Information Technology. The Public Finance vertical saw the most solicitations, followed by Economic Development/Regulation, Community Development, and Natural Resources/Environment. The three States with the most procurement activity in January were California, Texas, and New York, while South Dakota, Delaware, and Rhode Island had the least.
Notable Solicitation Releases
- The New Hampshire Department of Administrative Services issued an invitation to bid (ITB) for a Computer Software Reseller. The state had previously issued a bid invitation for these services in September 2019, however it was canceled with no award being made. Responses are due February 28, 2020.
- The Chicago Public Schools (CPS) issued a request for proposals (RFP) to procure Internal Audit Services. CPS is requesting proposals from firms to perform services focused on the following categories: school audit execution, central office audit execution, risk assessment activities, and data analytics. The deadline for proposals is February 26, 2020.
- The Missouri Office of Administration (OA) released an RFP for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System. The state’s ERP vision is a cloud-based solution that is fully supported by the vendor and removes the state’s administrative burden of software fixes/upgrades, hardware refresh cycles, backups, disaster recovery, and technical staffing requirements. Proposals are due March 12, 2020.
You can learn more about current procurement opportunities in the GovWin IQ State, Local and Education Opportunities database. Not a Deltek subscriber? Click here to learn more about Deltek's GovWin IQ service and gain access to a free trial.