Federal Big Data Market, 2022-2024
Published: October 27, 2022
Deltek's Federal Big Data Market, 2022-2024 report provides an in-depth view of the trends and drivers influencing the federal big data market.
Under pressure from data proliferation and operational need, federal agencies continue to prioritize the collection, identification, analysis and dissemination of data. Chief Data Officers are working across the C-Suite to achieve data integration, accessibility, and security to drive evidence-based decision-making capabilities. Recent legislation such as the CHIPS and Science Act, as well as the Biden Administration’s priorities in equity and diversity and climate change will boost funding for data infrastructure to support advanced metrics and scientific research. Technologies such as 5G, zero trust and edge computing are key catalysts for increased data movement and analytics. Moreover, continued adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) technologies, as well as pressures to expand quantum information science research, will propel data proliferation across the federal government.
Deltek forecasts federal demand for contracted big data products and services will grow from $6.7B in FY 2022 to $8.2B in FY 2024.
- Federal Data Expansion. Legislation such as the CHIPS and Science Act, Biden Administration priorities, and the expansion of data-centric leadership and offices, will drive the demand for data governance, enhanced data metrics, advanced information sharing and accessibility, and the push for a data-literate workforce.
- Technology Intersections. While big data technologies enable emerging technologies such as AI and quantum computing, IT solutions such as 5G, zero trust, edge computing and data storage alternatives will enable the advancement of big data initiatives.
- Key Big Data Solution Areas. Federal agencies continue to increase contract spending for analysis support, analytics, data management and integration and AI/ML, growing from $2.9B in FY 2019 to $4.7B in FY 2021 for these capabilities.
- Big Data Software and Services. Evidence-based decision-making strategies as well as advanced analytics and AI will drive future investment in big data software and services. However, big data hardware spending will be slowed by low cost in hardware, shifts to the cloud, and agency use of data storage alternatives.
Key Insight for Vendors
Deltek’s Federal Big Data Market, 2022-2024 report provides key insight and a three-year outlook of the market drivers shaping federal investment in big data products and services.
The report provides:
- Policies, legislation and leadership developments impacting the federal big data marketplace.
- Understanding of the technologies influencing federal big data trends.
- Analysis of historical contract spending patterns, contractor-addressable big data market forecasts, and upcoming opportunities.
- Detailed initiatives, priorities, historical spending dashboards and forecasts for top departments using big data solutions.
- Actionable intelligence to contractors for strategic planning in the federal big data space.
Deltek's Federal Big Data Market, 2022-2024 report is delivered in PowerPoint® format, including a PowerPoint® Executive Summary, and an Excel® data workbook.
Federal Big Data Market, 2022-2024
- Report Purpose
- Big Data Spending Methodology
- Key Findings
- Policy and Leadership
- Big Data R&D
- Technology Convergence
Historical Contract Spending
Market Forecast and Opportunities
- Air Force
- Defense Agencies
- Health and Human Services
- Homeland Security
- Veterans Affairs
Conclusions and Recommendations