State and Local Procurement Snapshot - Q4 2018
Published: January 28, 2019
GovWin + Onvia's State and Local Procurement Snapshot - Q4 2018 provides vendors with details about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent trends, including growth rates by industry and level of government.
In the 4th Quarter, the SLED market slowed to a greater extent than originally predicted due to the worsening economic and political situation, with stock market declines and concern about the upcoming federal government shutdown. While 2018 as a whole remains flat in bids issued following an unusually strong 'catch-up year' in 2017, it still remains healthier than 2016.
The SLED market analysis team at GovWin+Onvia provides context by examining which areas were hit particularly hard and which ones seemed to be 'bucking the trend' with continued growth. We rank 12 major industries by their level of growth, including the four specific industry groups with the highest growth rates, year-over-year. We also identify which type of government is currently growing the fastest. Finally, our geographic analysis identifies states with the highest growth rates in bid volume to provide a regional perspective.
In our special feature this quarter, procurement expert Mary Scott Nabers takes a look at a number of emerging trends in SLED purchasing including drivers of growth in 2019, examining the implications of this for contractors trying to understand the dynamics of the emerging marketplace.
Readers of this report will learn:
- Details about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent trends
- Which industries and types of projects are experiencing the highest growth rates
- Contracting trends by type of agency that can help identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Differences in year-over-year bid & RFP growth rates by state
- Purchasing trends, outlook and perspective on the state, local, and education government sub-markets
- How to better understand the pulse of the SLED market to make informed planning and strategy decisions for your business
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary (p. 03)
- Market Snapshot (p. 04)
- Total Project Counts (p. 06)
- Agency Snapshot – Historical Trends (p. 07)
- Quarterly Growth – Industry Ranking (p. 08)
- Industry Ranking by Level of Government (p. 09)
- Quarterly State Growth Tracker (p. 10)
- Further Analysis of State Growth Tracker (p. 11)
- Special Feature (p. 12)
- Glossary of Industries (p. 16)